Monday, August 21, 2006

She is upset!

My girlfriend is mad on me now! She has been crying on the phone... I had hurt her deeply... and i didn't do any wrong, just saying something wrong. :(
HC is interested on my XDA and ask if i wanna sell it. I told him maybe, but i have to get permission from my gf as it is the phone given by her. And if i finally sell the phone, I have no intention to keep the money, coz it is not belonged to me anyway. And if she refuse and wanna take back, ok...
Why could i let go the xda coz it is barred in the UK. Instead of letting it lay in my drawer for nothing but value decreased or device malfuntion due to flatted bactery. I would prefer it to be used by someone. For my thinking, the only way to present the value of a electronic device is to use it. Mobile device is not same as those decoration items such as dolls, jemelry, picture and clothes coz once the technology advanced and it is out of current standard. The device is only a heavy, highly fragile and expensive eletronic stuff. Same as today, no one will keep its Pentium 100MHz at home and be proud of it, right? This is the value of electronic device.
My gf is so sad as this is her first gift for me and she have to cheat the O2 for it. So to appreciate it, I should keep it. I wanna make clear about one thing: I really appreciate her intention and I love her! But is it not keeping the device mean not appreciating? I appreciate her intention, so i had tried myself harder to pleased her, let her feel warm while she is outside in the UK and have a lot of life tension. I am willing to bring her for durian, pasar mooncake when we are in Malaysia. Besides, I am learning to cook new dishes so that she can eat better when i reach there. Bcoz i letting the XDA goes, means all my intention before as the testimony of appreciation gone?
Because, I also wanna appreciate the device. Every eletronic device has its own lifetime. Pentium 4 won't last forever, Windows XP won't last over mid 2007, XDA exec will soon be replaced by newer model with slimmer body, lighter weighter, more powerful functionality etc... As an IT worker, I just couldn't let any electronic device's value gone without using it. That's why i wanna sell the Xda, or give it to someone close to me and fully utilise the device. That's simple. So, on my hand, the device will find its value as it is at least worked
But, eletronic device utilization philosophy and relationship maintenance is totally different kind of things. She seems to be quite sad and I really dunno how to console her or pleased her again. Besides, I feel it is a bit ridiculous as if the things is totally given to me, I should have full control of it, right? I respect the giver, so i will ask for permission, but seems asking permission will cause a big trouble.
Just wanna say: Baby, when the time you are upset, I am upset too in the office. :(
Dunno what to do, dunno how to do... ai...

1 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger DrCabokia said...

Hmm..I wouldn't let my hubby sell any of my gifts to him as well. You have your point but girls are different. We are more sentimental. :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home