Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Reality

This morning is a bad morning for me, as I realised another dirty side of reality though slammed by my colleague.
This morning, we were told to write a document regarding any changes to the report due to inappropriate format generated by report machine. WHich means, from now on, everything wrong in report, is written in a document but through our failure response system: bug. Those senior didn't mention anything about problem occured in previous report and we don't need to write extra document for that. So, based on this logic, i sent a email to bug regarding a problem occured in a old report i submitted a few weeks ago and i get slammed by my senior because not writing into the document.
RIDICULOUS!
There is someone even say that i m making everyone life hard by sending the email.
Did they say anything in the meeting about it? NO! And now they are blaming me.
Alright, I had spent some time to cool down and think...
And i realised one thing:
Abstract to they slam me for not following the rules they didn't explicitly say, the manager can download movies from company network, the bosses can play games with company pcs, and our lovely admin said nothing but just do as what they requested. An admin could be so un-admined when they are facing management.
Only one thing can explain: there is no fairness nor nearly fair system could be used in the world. The admin can't do anything (or I should say, he is not dare to do anything) because he is subordinate of those management. And the senior can slam me however they want (they like to put a lot ";)" in the email scolding ppl, weird, right?), just because they are superior.
So, is it their fault?
Not at all! It is my fault for not being a good subordinate. It is my fault of not being tough enough. It is my fault for being unskilled. Don't you see they still smile to those superior eventhough they are provoked.
It is all my fault.

4 Comments:

At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IMHO, I can tell why are they making such a big fuss. I respect your initiative and intention, however, you have to see many aspects also. If I was one of them, I would f'king pissed too.

What I feel is, this office is already way too inferior and incompentent. If I were you, I would try my best to resolve problem by myself rather than putting more shame on myself, in this context, KL office.

One incident just happened today, I got very pissed by your remark given to our UK visitor (PP), you actually told him the ugly sides of Malaysia and etc etc.

There's no use if you have great deal of technical knowledge but the way you handle situation is not favoured by people around. In the end of the day, you're putting yourself in a harder ground.

After all being said and done. I'm still puzzled why do you CC to them when that's totally none of their business. Isn't there an R&D here in the KL office ask if they could fix it, if all things failed, then only refer to UK.

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Alberto Siow said...

You are right, i didn't handle the things well. However, if there is true where Malaysian had corrupted their own reputation, why should we try to cover it?
This is Malaysian style, trying to cover every negative thing by not publishing them, ended up it getting worse. Look on our government, then you know...

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Alberto Siow said...

Thanks for your rapid concern and fast reply on my blog, buddy. ^_^
Please dun get me wrongly. I never despise my nationality. I am proud to be Malaysian, but I don't think there is a need to cover those old stories if there did happened. Right? If our fellow citizen did do something shameful, why do we have to take it as our own shame?
haha... relax man... I do have more trust on a guy who tell me his good and also bad side.
For glory, we praise and follow; for disgrace, we remember it and alert ourself...
However, thanks a lot for your support...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home